Monday, February 1, 2010

Welcome to BabelHund


With Emma's New Life, the life and times of my foster dog blog, drawing to a close with the immanent adoption of Miss Emma (the small dog above) I thought it was time to launch a new endeavor: BabelHund.

Babel (as in "Tower of") references my love of languages, travel and the ensuing confusion and chaos. "Hund" is the German word for "dog". So BabelHund pretty much covers my favorite things!

BabelHund blog will follow my dog Brogan and I as we complete his mobility service dog certification and attempt to emmigrate from sunny California to dark and cold Germany. Fitting as I'm a German-Irish-Cherokee mutt with a very German name and Brogan is an American version of a German breed rescued from a shelter in Los Banos, California. How will we fare in our attempt to find a new life in the old country? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment